- Mini-Mindfulness Mondays with Professor Rigertas: Students are invited to join Professor Rigertas at 12:30 p.m. for a short virtual mindfulness exercise. Contact Melody Mitchell at email@example.com for more information.
- International Language Tables – Southeast Asia: Students can join colleagues in Southeast Asia for language practice and cultural exchange from Nov. 16 through Nov. 19, with an English language table on Nov. 20. Registration is required. Contact Matthew Werstler at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Free Temporary Drive-Thru COVID-19 Testing: Free drive-thru COVID-19 testing will be offered 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Nov. 16 to Nov. 18, in the Anderson Hall parking lot.
- Coping Through COVID-19: Eat Well to Feel Well Webinar: Student Wellness will host a virtual webinar to improve students’ wellness, mental health and physical health at 4 p.m. Contact Sarah Moskal at email@example.com for more information.
- Essentials of a Good Resume: Career Services will host a virtual resume workshop at 1 p.m. to teach the essentials of a good resume. Contact Edward Heard at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Finding Forward: This 4-session virtual workshop is for students who want to boost their resilience to respond to life demands, COVID-19 transitions and painful emotions in helpful ways. Contact Giselle Navarro at email@example.com for more information.
- 2021 to 2022 Scholarships Workshop: Anne Hardy and Jason Goode will host a virtual scholarship workshop at 3 p.m. for students to ask questions about applying for scholarships.
- State of the University Address: NIU President Lisa Freeman will reflect on the university’s response to COVID-19 and the NIU’s goals for the coming year during a virtual address at 3 p.m.
- LinkedIn Basics: Career Services will host a virtual LinkedIn Basics workshop for students at 4 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Avoiding Procrastination – Write Now: The University Writing Center will host a virtual study experience at 9 p.m. for students who procrastinate on their writing projects. Contact Gail Jacky at email@example.com for more information.
- Active Bystander Workshop: The virtual active bystander workshop at noon will teach about the basics of sexual misconduct and the ways to help students by being active bystanders. Contact Allison Hulburt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Introduction to Mindfulness: Counseling and Consultation Services will provide a brief virtual overview of mindfulness and how to apply it with a guided meditation and mindful techniques at noon. Contact Kelsey Boll at 815-753-1206 for more information.
- Womanist Wednesdays: Womanist Wednesdays are interactive sessions that highlight topics related to gender identity, intersectionality and current events. The virtual event is held at noon. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- NIU Autism Caregiver Group Coffee Chat: Students looking to join the virtual Caregiver Coffee Chat, RSVP by emailing Allison Gladfelter at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the private Zoom link for the event at 1 p.m.
- Period Project Pick-up: The Gender and Sexuality Resource Center is providing free tampons and pads to students living on campus. Text 302-601-1508 to let them know when you want to pick up your bag of products. Contact Ari Owens at 312-601-1508 for more information.
- Interviewing – The Essentials: Learn to prepare for internship and job interviews by attending this one-hour virtual workshop at 3 p.m. Contact Joyce Keller at email@example.com for more information.
- Resume Q & A: Career Services will host a virtual resume workshop for students who have questions on how to create a resume at 3 p.m. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Pop Up Shop: NIU Rec Custom T-Shirt Sale: NIU Recreation will host a pop-up shop at 4 p.m. in the Holmes Student Center to sell archived NIU Rec t-shirts. Contact Jessica Wind at email@example.com for more information.
- Congresswoman Robin Kelly (’04) with Wednesday Night Wisdom: United States Congresswoman Robin Kelly (IL-2), will virtually present Creating a Legacy and Leading with Inspiration at 5:30 p.m. Registration is required. Contact Rachel Schmit at Rschmit@niu.edu for more information.
- The Role of Freedom of Expression at a Public University: The Division of Student Affairs will host a virtual panel to discuss the university’s commitment to freedom of expression. Contact Meg Junk at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- STEM Café — Board Game Renaissance: Leveraging Virtual Connections in a Time of Physical Distancing: Learn how games can build family cohesion; relieve stress; teach strategizing, goal-setting and other important cognitive skills; and provide entertainment at the virtual STEM Cafe at 6 p.m. Contact Judith Dymond at email@example.com for more information.
- Virtual Mindfulness Session: Counseling and Consultation Services will hold a virtual mindfulness session at 1 p.m.
- Office Hours with President Freeman: Students can schedule a virtual appointment to speak with NIU President Lisa Freeman. To schedule an appointment from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Contact Liz Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Southeast Asia Culture Fest: the Center for Southeast Asian Studies is holding a virtual Southeast Asia Culture Fest at 6 p.m. Contact Matthew Werstler at email@example.com for more information.
- Third Thursday Craft Night: String Art: Student Affairs is hosting a string art craft night at 7:30 p.m. in the Holmes Student Center for students to thread string on nails to create one of three design options.
- Office Hours with the Executive Vice President & Provost: The Executive Vice President and Provost Beth Ingram will host her last office hours for the semester at 9 a.m. Sign-up is required. Contact Mia Hannon at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Free Fitness Friday – Danceworks: NIU Recreation will host a free virtual group fitness class at 4 p.m. Contact Leanne Kulchawik at email@example.com for more information.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story