Every other year the DeKalb County Quilters Guild (DCQG) holds a quilt show to showcase quilters and their quilts. If you are like a lot of us you find yourself interested in other fiber arts, whether that be knitting, spinning, weaving or wearable art. With that in mind this year’s show has been expanded to include all fiber arts.
This year’s Quilts and Fiber Arts Show will be held at the DeKalb Park District Sports and Recreation Center, 1765 S. Fourth St. in DeKalb, IL. on Saturday and Sunday, October 1st and 2nd. Show hours are from 10-5 on Saturday and 10-4 on Sunday. The new venue doubles the space for displays, demos and classes. There will be more than twenty vendors at this year’s show. For a complete list of vendors and workshops click here.
At “The Quilts and Fiber Arts Show” you will find
- Quilts on display made by talented quilt artists from around the country.
- Judged quilts that will receive ribbons. Top winners also receive cash awards.
- Fiber and wearable arts display
- Quilt Appraisals by Suzanne Swenson(appt. only)
- Vendors Mall
- DCQG Row by Row Challenge
- Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) trunk show
- Hoffman Challenge
- Darling Dolly Raffle
- Boutique filled with beautiful hand made items for yourself or someone special.
- DCQG raffle quilts
- Demos and workshops
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story