Yard work in February?? As a reminder, the City of Sycamore wants to remind you that yard waste collection begins in April. Yard waste is collected at the curb from the first of April through the end of November. A few other things to remember:
- Maximum 33-gallon biodegradable Kraft paper bag, (plastic bags are not acceptable for yard waste or leaves).
- 50-pound weight limit per biodegradable Kraft paper bag and/or bundle.
- Brush and tree trimmings must be bundled and tied with biodegradable twine or string in distinct piles that are no longer than four (4) feet in length and twenty-four (24) inches in diameter weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Christmas trees will be collected from Christmas through the end of January. Christmas trees must be free of all decorations and cannot be in plastic bags.
- Residents are encouraged to compost landscape waste materials rather than dispose of them at the curb.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story