Over the past couple weeks the DeKalb Police Department has investigated several theft reports regarding packages that were stolen from the front of homes. The packages were left unattended on the porch by delivery agencies. The thefts were reported at various locations within the city. At this time the suspect(s) have not been identified. Investigations into these thefts are ongoing and extra patrol will be provided throughout the holiday season.
The DeKalb Police Department Recommends the Following Theft Prevention Tips:
- Try to be at home when packages are expected to arrive.
- Have the packages delivered to a neighbor, friend or your place of business, if you will not be home when the package is due to arrive.
- Track your package for expected delivery time.
- Request a delivery alert on your phone.
- Keep your porch light on for night deliveries.
If you have information on any of these crimes you can contact the DeKalb Police Department at (815) 748-8400 or contact Crime Stoppers at (815) 895-3272.
You can also text ALERTDEKALB to 67282 an provide an anonymous tip.
City of DeKalb Police Department
700 W. Lincoln Hwy, DeKalb IL 60115
(815) 748-8400 / TDD (815) 748-8400 / Fax (815) 748-2055
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/dekalbpolice/
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story