The IRS gets 90% of taxpayers their refunds within 21 days of when their tax return is received. If 21 days sounds like an incredibly long time, just think about how many more awful things you spend your time waiting on.
Here’s my top 7:
7. Descaling your humidifier or espresso machine. I don’t even know what descaling means. So clearly it’s something I’ve never done and never want to do.
6. Teaching your (baby boomer) mother how to use an Apple computer when she’s been on a P.C. her entire life. Let’s be honest, the IRS is going to get me that refund waaay before the phone calls about computer issues stop.
5. Waiting in line at the DMV. All I get out of that is a squinty-eyed license photo and less money. I mean, I get to drive legally, but still.
4. Reading the Internal Revenue Code. Seriously. Please read the portion about tax on generation-skipping transfers and then tell me that you’d rather read more of it instead of waiting for a refund. What the heck is “inter vivos?” (Also, this is why you should use H&R Block. Let our tax pros read all this for you.)
3. Get fitted for a mouth guard or orthodontia. Ugh, just thinking about the goop that makes you feel like you are suffocating and the scraping on your teeth makes me want to run and hide.
2. Unsubscribing to every piece of junk e-mail you signed up for around the holidays to score extra coupons. Why do they hide that unsubscribe link? And why does every unsubscribe screen look different? So. Much. Time.
1. Opening up that maybe inappropriate for work video – at work – only to have your computer speakers blast the audio at full strength. Embarrassment totally trumps annoyance every day. (Or do only I feel that way?)
If I haven’t convinced you, there’s good news. H&R Block is helping you Unwait your refund by offering games, prizes and more every day. Check it out!
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story