5 Things to do BEFORE the snow flies:
1) If you have difficulty paying for heat, get in touch with your provider now to work out payment arrangements, or to apply for energy assistance.
2) Weatherize your home to make it energy efficient (cover older, less energy efficient windows with plastic kits or hang heavy drapes to keep out the draft).
3) Winterize your properties (make sure water supply is shut off at seasonal properties OR that proper temperature is maintained; also, turn on heat tape at mobile homes).
4) Finish up season projects (roofing repairs, home additions, repaving, landscaping, etc)
5) Get your car ready for the snow (make sure fluid levels are checked, air pressure in tires are appropriate & oil is changed; also have a flashlight, blankets and food/water supply packed and on-hand during winter travel). Consider signing up for emergency road service if you don’t already have this service.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story