Candidate’s Name: Wanda McMurray
Office you are seeking: Village President
Unit of Government: Village of Kirkland
Candidate’s website address: https://www.facebook.com/Wanda-McMurray-for-Kirkland-Village-President-1699912923654240/?ref=bookmarks
Q2: Response to the budget crunch
- Unfortunately, taxes and fees must be increased to meet expenditures. Uncertain
- Expenditures must be reduced to meet the revenue. It’s that simple. Agree
- Taxes are high enough so let’s raise fees. Uncertain
- This is a time to lean on staff for their recommendations. Uncertain
- It’s time to hire a consultant and get a report that will guide us through these tough times. Uncertain
- Hold the line on taxes. Use the rainy day fund to cover expenses. Things have got to get better. Disagree
Q3: What services would you seek to enhance or expand during your term?
I am unsure if there would be any services that need to be enhanced or expanded at this time.
Q4: What services would you cut or reduce to balance the budget?
I don’t feel at this time we need to cut any services. What I do feel is we need to look at the budget and cut unnecessary expenses.
Q5: What makes you uniquely qualified for the position you are seeking?
I am coming to the end of my 2nd, 4yr term as village trustee. Therefore, I am aware of the issues the village is currently facing. I have nothing but the best interest for the village and its taxpayers in mind. I am willing to listen and work with not only the village board but the community to resolve the several issues our village faces. I feel I am an honest, reliable and responsible person.
Q6: What does open, transparent government mean to you?
Keeps the community in the “loop” with facts. Will listen to and respect the taxpayer’s ideas.
Q7: What changes to your community are needed?
The village needs more open communication. Also would like to see more business growth, especially in the industrial park at the west end of town.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story