If you’re a lover of shrimp and summertime, you’ll love our Shrimp and Pineapple Kebabs. Lightly marinated with sour tamarind pulp and skewered with fresh, sweet pineapple, this treat will top your usual BBQ favorites. Serve individually as party hors o’devours.
You will need:
- 1lb tiger prawn, shelled, tail-on
- Pineapple cubes
- 2 tablespoons oil and oil for brushing
- 2 oz. tamarind pulps, seedless
- 4 tablespoons water
- 3 pinches of turmeric powder
- 3 pinches of cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Ground peanuts
- Scallions, chopped
1. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels.
2. Combine tamarind pulps with water. Extract the water and pulps.
3. Combine the juice and the remaining ingredients in the marinade with the shrimp. Marinate 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Grill the shrimp. Brush oil over the surface.
5. Thread pineapple cubes onto a short bamboo skewer, followed by a shrimp. Garnish the skewer with ground peanuts and scallions.
6. Enjoy this delightful treat!
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story