You probably don’t give hail a moment’s thought until it’s falling from the sky or bouncing off the roof of your house. And while you might not know a lot about hail, you probably know that it can be one of nature’s more destructive forces.
For reasons like this, it’s worth learning a little more about it. This series of posts answers some of the most common questions about this weather phenomenon.
1. What is it and how is it formed? In this post, you will learn more about what causes hail. You’ll also learn how weather patterns dictate the size and frequency of it.
2. When and where is hail most common? Are there any signs hail is about to hit? Find out where hail commonly occurs as well as some ways to spot an oncoming hail storm no matter where you live.
3. How do you drive safely in a hailstorm? If you can’t get home in time, these tips will keep you stay safe on the road.
4. How can insurance cover hail damage? Hail can do more than just hurt people—it can also destroy property. Our experts offer tips to help you protect your possessions. They also offer advice on what to do if your home or car sustains hail damage.
5. How do I avoid hail fraud? A storm can bring out the con men. Here are some ways to make sure the contractor you’re working with is reliable and honest.
Ready to learn more? Then let’s get started.
Read the full story from Erie Insurance: “Hail: What it is and How You Can Protect Yourself and Your Property“
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story