The worst of winter is coming to an end, and now we are at the beginning of March. To celebrate, DCO has compiled a list of events.
NIU is hosting an upcoming concert featuring their wind symphony. They will be playing the following songs:
- Chasing Sunlight by Cait Nishimura
- Incantation and Dance by John Barnes Chance
- Beethoven Machine by Michael Colgrass
- Fantasy on American Folksongs by Dwayne Milburn
- When Victory Rang Free by Jovanni Laporte
Thomas Bough will direct this concert. The performance will be on Thursday, March 3rd, from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. You can only purchase tickets here.
The Egyptian Theater will be hosting Celtic band Gaelic Storm’s “We Miss You” Tour. With two decades and 2000 live shows under their belts, the band attributes their success to their fans. There is a little bit of everything for people to love; country folks will love their storytelling, bluegrass-heads and rock ‘n’ roll fans will love their instruments and passion, and Celtic fans will adore their intertwining of tradition into their music.
Interested? This event will take place on Friday, March 4th at 8:00 pm. Tickets range from $35 to $75 and can be purchased here.
Kishwaukee Symphony Orchestra strives to provide classical and popular music to the community. This year, they are returning to live performances. KSO will be performing alongside NIU’s Steel Band. The evening’s program will include:
- Overture to “Ruslan and Ludmilla” by Mikhail Glinka (1804-1857)
- Wiener Blut – Waltz, Op. 354 by Johann Strauss, Jr. (1825-1899)
- Trombone Concerto in C by Nino Rota (1911-1979)
- Kirk Lundbeck, trombone soloist
If you are hoping to attend, then purchase tickets here. This performance will take place on Saturday, March 5th, at 7:30 pm at Boutell Memorial Concert Hall.
Written by Claudia Piwowarczyk
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story