Ok, it was not really a THOUSAND emails, but there were many. During the holidays, Chef Robert brought us a flourless chocolate cake, a gluten free masterpiece made by Chef Ray Ingram. It created such a stir, people were requesting the recipe for months.
We finally obtained it! And it is here for you to make and enjoy. Please let us know on the Facebook page how you liked this cake.
Cue the choir of angels!
Flourless Chocolate Cake
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 18 oz. bitter sweet chocolate
- 8 oz. butter (soften)
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 300°F Grease one 10 inch round cake pan set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat combine the water, salt and sugar. Stir until completely dissolved and set aside.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler. Pour chocolate in mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into pieces and beat the butter into chocolate. 1 piece at a time. beat in the hot sugar-water. Slowly beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Have a pan larger than the cake pan ready, put the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan half way with hot water.
- Bake cake at 300°F for 30 – 45 min. the center will still look wet. Chill cake overnight in pan. To unmold dip the bottom of pan in hot for 15 seconds and invert onto a serving plate.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story