TAILS Humane Society and the American Humane Association celebrate the 97th Annual “Be Kind to Animals Week” May 1-7th. TAILS caps off the week with a free family fun event called TAILSapalooza on Saturday, May 7th from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. in TAILS’ Training and Veterinary Center (TVC) located on the TAILS campus at 2270 Barber Greene Road in DeKalb.
“TAILSapalooza is designed to create a fun, learning environment for families” said Michelle Groeper, TAILSapalooza Chairperson. “With animal-themed entertainment and adoptable animals in the shelter, there’s something to interest everyone, and who knows – you might just find (and adopt) the love of your life!”
TAILSapalooza attendees will be entertained while learning about the bond between pets and people. Highlights of the event include the DeKalb County Sheriff’s K-9 Unit, agility demonstration, wildlife babies and an adoptable dogs runway fashion show! There will be pet-related crafts and vendors, giveaways and raffles throughout the day.
“The DeKalb County Community does so much for us, and this is one way we can give back while celebrating the bond between people and their pets,” said Beth Drake, TAILS Executive Director. “There will be so many fun activities, your whole family will have a blast!”
In honor of Be Kind to Animals Week, TAILS recommends the following ways you can show appreciation for the animals around you:
- Adopt your next pet from TAILS or another humane society.
- Report any suspected animal abuse or neglect to DeKalb County Animal Control at 815-758-6673 or 815-748-2427.
- Spend quality time with your pet everyday.
- Donate money or items to TAILS.
- Volunteer at TAILS.
- Spay or neuter your pets and encourage others to do the same.
- Make sure your pets wear current ID tags all the time.
- Make sure your pet has appropriate veterinary care annually and when needed.
- Drive cautiously through areas populated with wild animals.
- Plant flowers in your yard to attract butterflies and hummingbirds.
- Speak in your community about the importance of respecting animals.
- Visit www.americanhumane.org for activities children and adults can do together for and about animals.
Watch TAILS website at www.tailshumanesociety.org for more information about TAILSapalooza!
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story