GE’s new wall ovens offer the latest in cooking technology, making it easier and more convenient for aspiring home cooks to perfect their favorite dishes. Two key features are leading the charge, here: True European Convection with Direct Air and Wi-Fi connectivity. New vents on the top of the oven cavity – an industry first in full-size ovens—focus air directly on the food providing significantly increased air flow and great cooking performance. This new technology makes it easier than ever to evenly bake food from perfectly browned pies to expertly crisped turkeys. And because great food shouldn’t come with a sacrifice of time or convenience, an iPhone® and Android™ app lets consumers remotely control the Brillion™ – enabled ovens with Wi-Fi access.* And this is only the beginning.
“Wall ovens and other built-ins are the flagship products of GE’s cooking business and where new technologies and innovations are introduced,” said Jon Bostock, marketing manager, cooking appliances, GE Appliances. “Cooking technologies and trends typically start in wall ovens and migrate to other platforms as time passes. It’s very exciting to be working on the future of cooking in the U.S.”
In GE’s newly designed wall ovens, the Direct Air** convection system distributes heated air from two sources – both the top and back wall of the oven depending on the cooking mode. Unlike most convection systems, the oven’s fans can reverse in direction and operate at multiple speeds.
“We’re elevating the cooking experience at home with technology that wraps around your food better than ever before and achieves outstanding results,” said Bostock.
In addition to even cooking, convection ovens cook many foods faster, another bonus for today’s busy families and people who like to entertain.
Remote Control Oven
As consumers rely even more on their mobile devices, GE is leading the way to make interacting with their appliances and saving time as effortless as possible from wherever they happen to be. GE’s newest mobile app gives consumers the freedom to control their oven using Wi-Fi technology. They can preheat; set the timer; change the temperature or cooking function; and check cooking status while managing activities, such as gardening or homework with the kids. The current feature allows control via mobile app from within the home or yard, and a remote option will be available as an upgrade at a later date.
- Perfect for remodeling and easy to use, the new GE wall ovens will fit in 75 percent of existing wall oven cutouts already in consumers’ homes.***
- Notification lighting makes it easy to multitask while cooking your favorite food to perfection. An industry-first LED lighting strip between the top of the oven door and the bottom of the control panel pulses during preheating and progressively illuminates bar lights during timed cooking. The light allows you to quickly see the oven’s progress while you do something else.
- The oven’s multiple racks were designed to be left in the oven during the self-clean cycle for ease and convenience.
- The new wall oven boasts five cubic feet of capacity, one of the largest in the industry.
GE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances.
* Requires the GE Brillion iPhone or Android™ app for smartphones or tablets. Available for free from iTunes® and the Google Play store. iPhone and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. © 2012 Google Inc. All rights reserved. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
**True European Convection with Direct Air only available on 30-inch models.
*** Install base of Whirlpool, Jenn-air, Maytag, KitchenAid, GE and Kenmore is determined by historical share data from Traqline. Maytag models from 2005: current; assumes install followed recommended installation guidelines. Kenmore models from 1993-2005; assumes install followed recommended installation guidelines.
****Retailers set their own prices.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story