The Housing Authority of the County of DeKalb (HACD) is happy to announce the opening of the Low-Income Public Housing 1 Bedroom Waiting List beginning 8:30 AM on January 15, 2016 and running until February 29, 2016.
Please note that during this open wait list period:
- Applications submitted online at www.dekcohousing.com
- HACD is only accepting applications for the one (1) bedroom waiting list. HACD’s one bedroom properties are Taylor Street Plaza in DeKalb and Civic Apartments in Sycamore.
- Only applicants who qualify for the one (1) bedroom units, have 2 or more local preferences and are income eligible will be placed on the waiting list. Applications will not be accepted if they do not qualify for 2 or more preferences.
- Pre-registration is NOT available.
- After the general public application period, the Waiting Lists will continue to accept applications for the ELDERY (over 62) or have a DISABLED ADULT within the household ONLY.
Paper based applications are available for persons with disabilities only at HACD’s office located at 310 N 6th Street DeKalb.
As updates become available, the information will be posted on the Housing Authority’s web site at www.dekcohousing.com.
(Please note HACD has not received any additional housing assistance, however opening the Low Income Public Housing 1 Bedroom waiting list is necessary to replace the natural attrition of program vacancies and to continue the Housing Authority’s efficient use of Federal Grants.).
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story