DeKalb Park District has a variety of parks and facilities available for it’s citizen’s use including 2 Golf Courses and a Banquet Facility. A Special Use Park Permit is required for groups or organizations wishing to utilize a Park District park that have more than 50 individuals in attendance.
General Park Rules
- Unless posted, parks are open from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset. Overnight camping or vehicle parking is not permitted.
- Please do not litter. Help keep our parks and facilities clean and enjoyable for everyone.
- Dogs and/or domestic animals must be leashed.
- Pet owners are required to pick up and properly dispose of animal waste.
- Alcoholic beverages and the selling and/or solicitation of goods or services is prohibited.
- No person shall operate any device which is designed for the detection of metal objects on or below District property.
- Skate boarders are encouraged to use Katz Park Skate Park on Dresser Road.
- For a complete list of park rules please refer to Chapter VIII of the DeKalb Park District Ordinance Code found below.
Follow the six Golden Rules of trail use to help make each trip safe & fun for everyone:
1. Use Safe Speeds
2. Keep Right, Pass Left
3. Standing Still? Stand Aside
4. Mind your Pets
5. Be Alert
6. Know and Follow the Rules
Mission: To connect the community, enhance the quality of life, and improve the environment.