Looking to become involved on NIU’s campus? Interested in learning more about your major and future career?
The Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning is now accepting applications for the Huskie Research Rookies program for the 2014-2015 academic year. The Research Rookies program links students with faculty mentors in their major or area of interest to conduct a small-scale research project.
Students applying for the Research Rookies program must be incoming freshmen, sophomores or first-semester transfer students. Students also must be committed to participate in the program for two semesters (Fall 2014 and Spring 2015).
Each Research Rookie will gain experience presenting his or her research at the Office of Student Engagement and Experiential Learning’s annual Undergraduate Research and Artistry Day on April 21, 2015.
Students selected for the Research Rookies program will:
- learn what research looks like in their field of study.
- learn how to write a formal research proposal.
- gain experience working alongside talented faculty.
- attend a formal reception to recognize the 2014-2015 class of students.
- create relationships with other devoted students on campus.
- receive a $500 stipend at the completion of the program.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story