On Tuesday, April 9, 2019, townships all across Illinois will be conducting Annual Town Meetings. On this day, the electors get to cast their vote for any items on the agenda, and the elected officials are there in their residential, rather than elected capacities.
One of the oldest traditions in Illinois government, the electors are provided with annual information on the township.
DeKalb Township’s Annual Town Meeting will be held at the township building, 2323 S. 4th Street, and will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. There will be a sign in sheet for those in attendance so that votes are properly recorded.
The annual meeting will immediately follow the monthly board meeting, which begins at 6:00 p.m.
Items on the agenda include appropriating money for cemetery repairs, and discussion and vote on elector ordinances authorizing the creation of a Road District capital fund and a Town capital fund.
Meeting called to order
Pledge of Allegiance
Welcome and introduction of elected officials
Election and Oath for Moderator
Acceptance of Minutes of the 2018 Annual Town Meeting
Acceptance of Supervisor’s Annual Financial Statements
- Town Fund
- Cemetery Fund
- General Assistance Fund
- Road and Bridge Fund
- Permanent Road Fund
- Building and Equipment Fund
- Special Bridge Fund
- Authorize the Town Board to Appropriate Monies to Repair Cemeteries in Disrepair
- Set the time of any Special Town Meetings at 7:00 PM
- Consider, discuss and vote on elector ordinance authorizing creation of Road District capital fund
- Consider, discuss and vote on elector ordinance authorizing creation of Town capital fund
- Motion to set the pay of the Moderator
Announcements from the floor
Next Annual meeting on April 7, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story