Waste Management will resume seasonal collection of landscape waste on regularly scheduled pickup days beginning April 1st.
Residents are reminded of general guidelines:
- Landscape waste must be placed in approved biodegradable landscape waste bags or open garbage cans not larger than 32-gallon capacity – no plastic bags or boxes.
- Brush must be cut to 4-foot lengths and bundled with string or baler’s twine, (no wire or plastic rope) not to exceed 50 pounds.
Also, landscape drop off containers are in place at the following locations:
- Fire Station #2 – 1154 So. 7th Street
- City Garden Plots, west of Fire Station #3 – 950 W. Dresser Road
- The southeast corner of North 7th and Oak Streets
Landscape waste containers are for City of DeKalb residents to dispose of grass clippings, branches, leaves, and brush only. These are to be placed loose or in approved landscape waste bags (not plastic) inside the container.
The following violations are prohibited and violators will be prosecuted:
- Dumping of any non-landscape items
- Dumping of any refuse (including yard waste) on the ground
- Dumping by professional landscape contractors
Questions may be directed to the Public Works Operations Division at 748-2040.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story