Are you, or do you know anyone who is an elite soccer player? Want to see how you measure up to DeKalb County’s best? The first open tryouts for the DeKalb County United semi-pro soccer team for the 2019 season will be on Sunday, December 30.
Registration is $40 in advance or $50 day of.
When: Dec 30, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: DeKalb Sports & Recreation Center; 1765 S 4th St, DeKalb, IL 60115, USA
FAQs about DeKalb County United, expenses, and the league:
- What is DeKalb County United? We are non-for-profit, 100% community funded men’s amateur-professional soccer team based out of DeKalb County, Illinois.
- What are the age limits? No age restrictions per se, but those under the age of 18 need to have the proper waivers signed by a parent/guardian.
- What is the time commitment? DKCU will train two days a week at NIU in the evening with games generally on the weekends. There is a small chance for a weekday game.
- What does it cost to play for DKCU? Apart from your tryout fee, virtually everything is paid for i.e. league fees, player fees, uniforms, training kits, travel expenses, meals while traveling, etc.
- What is the skill level? The UPSL is a highly competitive nationwide league with a wide variety of players such as current college players, recent college players, aspiring professional players, ex-professional players, and highly skilled amateurs. The playing style and physicality is similar to elite college games, but with a professional atmosphere.
- What is the travel like? DKCU plays in the UPSL-Midwest division. Our travel will be limited to the Midwest during the regular season and will depend on our conference—we are hoping to be placed in the Chicagoland conference. The post-season tournament is nation-wide and we will have more details if and when that time comes.
- When does the season run? Preseason will start in April with games starting in May and ending in July. Post-season National tournament concludes the 2nd week of August.
- Does it effect my college eligibility? Nope, you will remain NCAA eligible.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story