An Apple A Day… By the NUMBERS
One of fall’s favorite fruits is the apple. Apples are grown in orchards and on farms. Of all the apples grown, half are sold fresh and half are made into apple sauce, apple juice or dehydrated apple products.
Did you know:
• Americans eat an average of 16 pounds of apples per year.
• The state fruit is the GoldRush apple.
• There are nearly 100 varieties of apples in the U.S.
• It takes a honeybee to pollinate blossoms on the apple tree.
• Apples contain vitamins A, C, B6 and B12, plus thiamin and niacin.
Source: Illinois Ag Mag, Apple
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story