With attractions like the Egyptian Theater, Stagecoach Theater, and Sandwich Opera House closed, local live theater is not available in DeKalb County. This holds true across the nation.
With the restrictions place on venues by Gov. JB Pritzker, smaller venues like restaurants and bars limiting occupancy and entertainment have created an additional void.
An overview of the effect of lack of live entertainment:
• Live events employ over 12 million people.
• Live events contribute over $1 trillion annually to the US economy.
• 95% of live events have been canceled due to COVID-19.
• 96% of companies have cut staff and/or wages.
• 77% of people in the live events industry have lost 100% of their income, including 97% of 1099 workers.
When this ‘virus’ is under control, please support live events and help get people back to work.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story