The DeKalb County American Red Cross will host a volunteer information meeting from 7-8 pm this Sunday, September 19th, at the chapter office, 2727 Sycamore Road, Suite 2A, DeKalb. Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer is invited. Potential volunteers must pass a reference and background check before placement. Applications and interest surveys can be filled out to match potential volunteers based on their skill sets and interests to the chapter’s needs.
Jean FitzPatrick, volunteer director for the Red Cross, will discuss American Red Cross services and the many volunteer positions currently available:
• Blood drive hosts and volunteers, blood services members, and a blood services assistant coordinator
• Health and Safety Committee members and instructors
• Volunteers for the Armed Forces/Veterans Committee
• Special Events Committee members, and volunteers
• Persons from all parts of DeKalb County to serve Emergency Services on the Disaster Action Team, especially those available during the day
The DeKalb County American Red Cross is a humanitarian organization, led by volunteers, that provides relief for victims of disaster and helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. Reserve a seat by calling 815-756-7339. For more information please visit www.dekalbredcross.org.
Click Here To Submit A News Tip Or Story